Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

what phone to get?

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by twood2800, May 9, 2006.

1. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    i can get and upgrade on my phone soon so what phone should i get???

service?
    features?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It appears that you like LG handsets. It doesn't appear that USCC offers too many LGs at this time, they have the UX4750, which I find to be hideous-looking, with decent features and PTT, if you need it. They also offer the UX5000 which is sort of middle-of-the-road.

There's the Motorola v266, which is a decent, inexpensive camera clamshell phone, though I'm a little biased. It has good features, but a small screen. If you don't need a camera the Motorola v262 is also a good choice.

The Nokia 6235i is a very, very nice phone if you don't mind having a bar-style phone, and it has the Nokia GUI which should be a little easier for you to adjust to, over the Motorola GUI, when switching from the LG GUI.

Of course, there's always the V3c RAZR.:browani:

My final reccomendation, the Nokia 6235i... but that's just me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    OMG you are actually recommending a Nokia bar over a Moto Flip...:eek:

Seriously though the 6235i is a great phone but I also like the 6255i, I have heard some very good things about both but no personal experience. The 6255i has analog I don't know if that makes a difference it is also a flip phone.

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, it seems like twood2800 isn't as big a MOTO-fan as I am and I have heard good things about the Nokia 6235i, even if it is a non-MOTO bar-style phone.

As far as the 6255i... no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO! That phone is horrible, I have used it and it sucks.

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Wow really? What is the problem with it? It's an expensive phone, I think Gonz has it.

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, it is an expensive phone. IMHO, the screen wasn't clear or bright enough. The housing felt very cheap and every time I opened the phone I felt like I was going to snap the hinges off. I didn't like it's speakerphone very much, which is odd because the 6015i's speaker phone was great. The 6255i's sounded garbled, though.

The camera was also not up to par, considering the cost of the phone. The camera in my v300 is way better than the two 6255i's I've used.

Maybe it's just me but I really hate the 6255i.

7. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    i like Moto's just not al of them...and i dont really like bar phones since it seems as if the screen would break on it easier...

of course i like the razr and that is what ill end up geting i think

8. jerry 12

jerry 12 Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular / Verizon
    the v3c razr is a good phone i have had no trouble with mind i got it in dec.:)