Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

V9M US Cellular

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by psppopeye, Feb 5, 2009.

1. psppopeye

psppopeye New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razor V9M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    Ok, I have a Motorola V9M.with US Cellular and recently was told by a rep on the phone to dial *228 to go to my closest home tower. what all codes are available for my phone. programming or otherwise.

2. Techieguy

Techieguy New Member

Honestly that is the most signifigant code for that phone outside of a Mod. General use of the cell can be effected by the settings and periodic PRL updates (the *228). The PRL list enables your phone to recognize towers you can roam off of. This doesn't mean roaming charges if you're in your home area, it means your phone will simply be able to use other towers in a fringe area, and USCC towers that were not up when it's origional PRL was in it. PRL gets updated as needed by the network techs at a rate of an update every 1-6months or so. *228 is the PRL update for all USCC phones