Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

USCC Service Codes

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by twood2800, Nov 16, 2005.

1. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    Does anyone know the service codes or anthing else you would need to change a verizon phone to US Cellular..i know it can be done!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. you can put the uscc info on the vzw phone, but to get it to work on uscc, they have to put the phones ESN on their computer to activate it-- and they will NOT do it because its not a USCC Branded phone.

3. babiboip

babiboip New Member

Re: US Cellular To Verizon Wireless

Can somebody help me? {PLZ}

Is there a way I can put any Verizon Wireless software on my US Cellular phone, because I actually got it activated with Verizon but I want the VZ menu and all on my Razr........

4. tearsonurcheek

tearsonurcheek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular

The problem is not equipment related - it's that, by company policy, we aren't allowed to activate non-uscc phones. If this was originally a uscc phone, you might be able to flash it back to uscc software (I'm not experienced with that), and get it activated. But as soon as a rep sees the Verizon flash screen and UI, they're supposed to hand it back and not activate it.

5. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother

From what I read he's trying to use a USCC phone on VzW, not put the VzW UI on an active USCC phone. Though, I don't know why anybody would willingly put the VzW interface on their phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. babiboip

babiboip New Member

Is there a way I could do it though?

7. Gonz

Gonz Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    USCC Nokia 6235i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC, American Roaming Network... LOL
    Just try activating it in my account, it should work. Then *228XX (depending on band) to force the ohone to download a vzw PRL. If the USCC phone is locked, you will have to find a retailer or call CS to ask them to give you the SPL code, tell them you are wanting to activate your phone on another carrier. I have brought many phones back and fourth from USCC to VZW. Also, if you want to bring a VZW phone to USCC, you can program a known number for an active USCC user into your phone, use *228XX from directiosn above to show the phone what band USCC is in, and you should get the USCC PRL on your VZW phone. Beware tho, if you do this you will have USCC apply a lock code to your VZW phone.