Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

trying to unlock a uscc razr v3m to use on another network

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by ballpythonmommy, May 14, 2008.

1. ballpythonmommy

ballpythonmommy New Member

i am wondering if there is any way that i can unlock a uscc red razr v3m so i can use it on another cdma network? any advise would be great, thanks!

2. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Sadly with CDMA carriers don't like to activate phone from other carriers.

Referring to unlocked phones is really for GSM where a phone might be 'locked' so unlocking the phone in necessary to use a SIM card from another carrier.

CDMA carriers don't use SIM cards and in the US CDMA carriers are usually hesitant to activate phones from others carriers. For example, if you have a US Cellular phone, you can sell it so someone and they can activate it with US Cellular, but if you want to take that phone to Verizon, Verizon will probably tell you it's not a Verizon phone so they don't want to activate it.

3. PlatinumWireless

PlatinumWireless New Member

I know with USCC the phone has an SBC code to unlock the phone but as far as using it with another carrier they normally only let you use phones from their company. if you are signing a new contract with a new company you should take advantage of the discounted price anyhow:)