Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Phone Recommendations Please :)

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by charlyee, May 21, 2007.

1. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello everyone, I will be porting my Verizon account over to USCC beginning of July. I am looking for phone suggestions, something in with the feature set and in the price range of the V323i is preferable.

I am not looking for any particular brand, but please no "RAZR Anything" ;)

Appreciate any help.

Thanks Much :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I know I'm not helping much, but I'm curious — what's wrong with the RAZR thingy — the lack of analog?

3. tearsonurcheek

tearsonurcheek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    At this point, if you're looking at a phone that's only $50 or so out-of-pocket (before rebate), then the V323i is it. However, most likely new pricing will be in effect come July, and possibly a couple of new phones in that feature-range.

4. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks :), this is going to replace my LG 7000, which is only used for about 150 mins of voice and about 10-15 texts per month max. So yes, I would like to keep the price low. I am also going for a one year contract which, as I understand will increase the price of the phone by $70. My contract with Verizon will be over June 18, so I can easily wait until July.

What has been your experience with USCC? Around here everyone seems to be very happy with them.

Thanks again :)
    LOL. I think the cellular world does not need yet another user of a RAZR or a RAZR variation, 70,000+ should be enough. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Charlyee,
    You are probably best off with the V323i. Motorola CDMA phones generally have good battery life and excellent reception, and looking at the other choices in that price range would make me get the V323.
    Their national plans look interesting- they include a ton of roaming (more than VZW in some areas) for free.
    ~Andy

6. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks Andy, I like the V323i also. It seems to be a no nonsense but perfectly adequate phone with BT. :) Glad to know that the CDMA Motos have excellent reception. I have only had one CDMA Moto, the T720 and that phone did not have much of anything going for it.

I like the USCC National Plans, they must have changed it within the last 2 years for the better. The last time I had thought about porting in, their National Plans were too expensive and not as comprehensive.

As you know, I have known how good USCC reception is where I live for a good 3 years, so I guess I am all set. :)

PS: I stopped by the USCC corporate store last week and the rep was very knowledgeable and pleasant. This coupled with the fact that they are less than a mile from my work (even nearer than the Cingular corporate store), it's great. :)

7. tearsonurcheek

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    Yeah, we introduced the current National/Wide Area plans last July. Much better value with the National n/w and Call-me. The m2m still isn't nationwide, but it has improved somewhat, as it now counts on any uscc tower in the country, as opposed to just in your "local" area.

How well do I like uscc? Well, a disclaimer - I do work for the company. Having said that, I was just a customer for a year prior to that, and they've been my exclusive carrier for nearly 5 years now. In the areas I travel (northeast OK, southwest KS, southern MO), I've had zero problems with reception (except for my original phone, a Moto V120t, which was junk). When roaming (Springfield, KC, Arkansas), it's been flawless, on either Verizon or Alltel.

Pricing: yes, a one-year contract would make the phone $70 more. So, for the V323i (based on current pricing), it would be $120 out-of-pocket. $30 rebate w/o adding easyedge, another $20 if you do add easyedge for 3 months. With a one-year contract, you get NO promos (free activation, bonus minutes, etc), however, included features (n/w and Call-Me on most single line plans, n/w and m2m on all family plans) are not considered promos, so you would still get those with or without a contract.

8. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    I have had USCC for about 3 years now, I have had nothing but great service. The only phone i had that didn't get such great service was the VX6000, that may have something to do with the fact that i beat it to hell and that by the end of its road it was held together by tape. :biggrin:
    Otherwise all my other phones have been great. I have the RAZR and get great service (even though you don't want one :D).

I do think that in the last year or so they have gotten dramatically better (better phones, service, features, etc). Where I roam most (Very north WI) I get full or almost full service. Their customer service has also been very good.

I think that you'll be happy with USCC.

Hope this helps!

9. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    If only they kept up their CDMA lineup... I think their CDMA models are actually just rebranded phones, not true Nokia.

10. tearsonurcheek

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    USCC has not yet carried a rebadged Nokia. Unfortunately, the only one we still carry is the 6165i. It seems to be a good phone, though, as do all previous Nokias. Unknown if it's J2ME-enabled.

11. Lance? Wow, I didn't know you were a member here! haha. I am NUDAY8 over at HoFo! :D

12. tearsonurcheek

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    Yeah, I was actually a member here *before* I joined over there. :D

13. wow, that's weird. Same here for me, though. I frequent hofo because the uscc forum stays alot more busy than over here at WA. I still like to post here on occasion, though.

14. tearsonurcheek

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    Yup. It was a user here that pointed me over there with a question, and we both know how that turned out. :D

15. lol yes. the same thing happened with me, and i'm rackin' up the posts over at the hofo uscc forum.

i just saw that tower master has an account here as well, and he has 29 posts, lol.

16. tearsonurcheek

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    It is amazing how many people post on various forums, eh? Like Bobo is a mod here, and even ol' Freddy Flash has an account here. :D

17. tower master

tower master New Member

My Phone:
    6255i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    Oh, you found me. I'd have more here if that other board hadn't ripped my life from me.

18. wow, I did not know that. I got my start here, lol, but the uscc part of hofo is where I stay at mainly. I mean, just take a look at how much Ive been posting there lately, lol. :D

19. yep, same here my friend.

20. jerry 12

jerry 12 Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular / Verizon
    i am here to and have been for a while. :D

21. rytard

rytard Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8550 Chocolate (Red)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    i wish they didnt call new members newbies or whatever because i am quite expperienced with cell phones and networks im just new to the forums

22. jerry 12

jerry 12 Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular / Verizon
    by the time that you come over to uscc their will be servial new phones i am told.:)