Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorazr V3m memory questions

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by pofarm, Dec 18, 2007.

1. pofarm

pofarm New Member

I have the US Cellular V3m and understand that different carriers' phones support different SD card sizes (gigs), so I am wondering what SD card size this phone will support. Also, I have read, in other posts, that there are supposed to be 8 pins in the SD card slot, but some are defective and only have 6 pins. I don't see any in my phone. Are they supposed to be exposed, or are they hidden under the plastic cover over the slot? If they are hidden, how do I see them to count them? Thanks in advance for any info.

2. tearsonurcheek

tearsonurcheek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    I believe the V3m is supposed to support up to 2 gig. However, I've heard some people have problems with a card larger than 1 gig, freezing when trying to access it (although I've heard that problem more with the SLVR L7c than the V3m). If I'm not mistaken, the V3m will only use 1 gig of the card for mp3's, although I've not tried it myself (I don't yet have a card), so I could be mistaken.

It certainly won't recognize larger than 2 gig, as above that is SDHC (SD High Capacity) rather than standard SD format. The RAZR2 (V9m) will recognize and use the full 2 gig.

Here's a list of the phones that uscc has offered with supported memory card type and size:

1) This is the official max size supported by the manufacturer
    2) When marked with an asterisk (*), there is no max size reported by the manufacturer, but is the max size card sold specifically for this phone by them
    3) Unless otherwise specified, all cards are MicroSD/TransFlash

256 MB
    Motorola V710*
    Nokia 6255 (MMC)

512 MB
    Kyocera KX-5 Slider Remix
    Kyocera 7135 (SD/MMC)

2 GB
    Motorola Q (MiniSD)
    Motorola K1m KRZR*
    Motorola L7c SLVR*
    Motorola V3m RAZR*
    Motorola V9m RAZR2
    Motorola Z6m ROKR
    Nokia 6265i (MiniSD)
    Samsung R500
    Samsung U520

4 GB (SDHC)
    LG UX380
    RIM BlackBerry 8830

3. pofarm

pofarm New Member

I stopped by the store I bought the phone from. They told me it will support 1 gig.