Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Missed call issue

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by unpaidbill, Mar 3, 2008.

1. unpaidbill

unpaidbill New Member

My wife and I both have Motorola 323i phones, and both have the same issue. We can be sitting right in front of the phone. It beeps indicating a missed call...but never rang. When we check, there is a missed call. I have mine on 'vibrate and ring' and it does neither, but indicates that we missed a call. They don't do it every time, but often enough to be annoying. Anybody else have the problem, and how did you solve it?

2. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX8350/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

What kind of a signal are you getting on your phone when this occurs? Even within a coverage area, factors such as network changes, traffic volume, service outages, signal strength, weather and other conditions may interfere with the service, quality and availability. Including the ability to make and receive calls... If the problem continues, you should call US Cellular and ask them file a trouble ticket.

3. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    I agree with Ellen. Have you always had this problem at home? Do you have this issue when away from home? Also, take the phones to a USCC store with a service center. Have them check the phones and make sure they are working properlly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I would also give USCC a call to verify that the your call forwarding to voicemail timing is not set too short, and have them make it longer if necessary.

HTH :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. unpaidbill

unpaidbill New Member

It's happened both here at home and other places, too. And it's happened to both phones. I stopped by the local USC center and they were 'baffled' and said they hadn't heard of it before. Here at home, we always have the maximum strength signal indicated on the phones. A month or so ago my wife was trying to call me from her cell phone...she was less than 1/4 mile away and my phone never did ring. Finally (after she had tried to call me several times) I got the 'missed call' beep and picked up her message.

I called Motorola and they had me remove and replace the batteries in the phones. I've done that several times, too. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to their customer service people and am awaiting a reply.

I'm guessing Motorola will say it's a USCellular problem, and USC will say it's a Motorola problem.

6. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Some questions:

1. Does this happen with all calls to both phones or intermittently?

2. When someone calls you or your wife, does the caller hear the phone ringing a few times or does it instantly transfer to VM?

3. Did you have USCC check your account to see that somehow the call forwarding to VM timing did not get changed to instant or something very short?

PS: I am presuming you are on native USCC coverage and not roaming on Verizon when this happens.

7. unpaidbill

unpaidbill New Member

It's intermittent on both phones.

They do hear it ring a few times before it goes to vm.

Since it's intermittent, I don't think anything has been changed on either phone.

Yep...we're NOT roaming.

8. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Sorry I am completely at a loss here. The problem is too random. I do doubt that it is a device problem though with both phones having the same issues.

Good luck & keep us posted please.:)

9. unpaidbill

unpaidbill New Member

Happened again this afternoon. The phone was on the table in front of me and did NOT ring. Then the 'missed call' beep went off and sure enough.........................

10. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    its bc their network is overloaded and pushing calls to the VM.

Verizon does this alot as well.

11. jazzg7b11

jazzg7b11 New Member

I have the same problem with my Motorazr V3m on Verizon. Although I know that it doesn't go straight to voicemail because I have been sitting there with the phone in my hand while it is on vibrate... watching it... and it light up saying incoming call. However, it did NOT vibrate and I answered it. Several minutes later... again I received a call in which the phone did NOT vibrate and then once it became a missed call it started to vibrate.

My wife and I have the same phones. We both have experienced this... I have been asleep on the couch and my wife call me from the other room and it did not notify me of a call, a missed call or other. I have also sent text messages that are received anywhere from an hour to 3 days later. On my wife's phone the message says that it was sent either at that time or later than it was sent... my phone says it was sent at an earlier time. I will meet my wife somewhere and she will say did you get my text message? and I'll say no.... and look at the phone. There won't be a message. I can be sitting with her and all of a sudden I will get the text 2 hours after she sent the text. They seem to do this regardless of the signal quality and service area we are in. I'm starting to lean towards it being the phone. My phone is very slow also... I push a button and it responds 4-5 seconds later.

Any ideas???