Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG UX5000 link

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by ludcaller, May 30, 2006.

1. ludcaller

ludcaller New Member

My Phone:
    LG UX5000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    I just got the LG UX5000. I am not very tech sophisticated- i just want to be able to save the pics and videos i make to my computer. How do i do this without subscribing the the USCell EasyMoney (tic) service?

Thx

2. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular

first things first....what the "USCell EasyMoney (tic) service"?

and you could buy a USB cable for about $15 on ebay or google it...make sure you put in your cell phone model when you search to get the right cable

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OldRod

OldRod New Member

I'm in the same boat as the original poster.

The EasyMoney service he's referring to is their EasyEdge service... ~$10 per month to allow you to download ringtones and offload your pictures.

When I bought my phone the US Cellular agent told me all we needed was a data cable to do this and the EasyEdge service wasn't necessary. I found a data cable but I can't find any software to work with the UX5000 phone to allow me to offload my pictures.

BitPim doesn't support that phone, so I'm looking for an alternative as well :)

4. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

Is this boat big enough? :p

I purchased a data cable from http://www.cellphoneshop.com, I just got it today. It is compatible with my LG UX5000, but I am too struggling with finding a program that is compatible with this phone. :mad: i'm desperate for one, i've been searching, and nothing.

#4 virtuoso, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  5. OldRod

OldRod New Member

I emailed U.S. Cellular. They told me to contact LG.

I contacted LG - they gave me two sites to find software, but neither site had a program for the UX5000. Still no luck searching :(

6. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

:mad: erghh...
    now i'm loosing hope.
    thanks for the update though..

7. pedaler

pedaler New Member

My Phone:
    LG UX5000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular since 1994
    Same boat - USCC sent me to LG. LG cust support recommends DataPilot. Susteen web site shows compatibility with the AX5000 (Alltel's version).

I was hoping for a less expensive solution that would work on both Mac and Windows operating systems, such as BitPim. If anyone has a contact that could lend or give a 5000 to the BitPim team, perhaps they could write the necessary code to talk to the 5000.

Had good success with BitPim and a VX6100 using a USB cable from 3gcables.

I have no connection with any company mentioned above except, perhaps, as a customer. Links are for reference only and are provided for the purpose of solving this issue.

8. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

I was thinking the same thing..about contacting BitPim. I would do something, but there isn't much I can do, I'm only fifteen. Anyway, I'm still thinking to myself.."Why would CellPhoneShop.com sell me a usb data cord for a UX5000 cell phone, when there is no compatible program to use it with???" I did contact CellPhoneShop, and they gave me a link to another site, which still didn't solve my problem. :confused:

#8 virtuoso, Jul 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  9. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

Well I emailed RPIWireless about donating a 5000 to BitPim. They are the biggest contributers to BitPim.

10. DzMiniz

DzMiniz New Member

same prob here....
    wish my vx6000 didn't break

11. OldRod

OldRod New Member

Hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone had any luck with a software app that will work with the UX5000? LG tells me to contact USCC. USCC tells me to contact LG.

I have a data cable - I just need software. BitPim doesn't support that phone.

12. duecy

duecy New Member

As long as you have the correct cable all you really need to do is change the settings in bitpim from auto detect to just use the LG VX6100 and it will work. If it does not work than there is an issue with your cable. I am now using the LG data transfer suite.
    Hope that this helps out.

13. OldRod

OldRod New Member

I'll give that a try tomorrow (left my cable at work). Thanks for posting that!!

14. OldRod

OldRod New Member

It worked!! Thanks duecy! I can move pictures and ringtones back and forth with BitPim by setting it to the VX6100 instead of auto-detect.

I tried doing contacts, but got an error, but I didn't really need that anyway.

Are you saying you use the LG Data Transfer suite with your UX5000 phone? Any issues?

15. duecy

duecy New Member

The reason that the contacts don't work is that it is not the proper cable. I tried to use one before I got the original one from our LG rep and ran into the same problems as you did for some odd reason. Yeah I am now using the LG Data Transfer Suite for the phone and it works great. Even though it is not listed as a supported handset on the site or packiging. The Data Suite even allows me to compose ring tones.
    Hope that this helps out..

16. try fooling bit pim into thinking its a vx-6100.. they have the same software/UI.. or so it seems. My friend has one that were gonna try to use my 6100's cable with.

edit: yeah I should've read the whole thing first.

17. chinamut

chinamut New Member

I have a UX500 phone and would like to use it to connect to the internet through my PC. Has anybody found tjhe software to enable this use?

18. leiffer4

leiffer4 New Member

I have a LG UX5000 cell and I purchased a USB cable from ebay I am having trouble downloading. The model number to my phone isn't one of the choices but when I bought the cable the information stated this cable would be compatible with my cell and pc. I need help downloading, anyone willing to give me step by step. Thanks

19. leiffer4

leiffer4 New Member

I have the same phone and i bought the cable from ebay, it said it was compatible but I can't find the model number in the list. What do i do? Help someone, please. I don't know if there is another model number that is the same as the lg. I really want to download my pics.

20. pedaler

pedaler New Member

My Phone:
    LG UX5000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular since 1994
    Duecy - thanks for the glimmer of hope for the UX5000. Can you give us some specifics, please?

1. Where did you buy the "correct cable" and is there a model number or other identifier that will get the rest of us cast-aways to the correct cable?

2. What is the "LG data transfer suite" that you mention? Is this in place of something like Bitpim?

Many, many thanks! It's a frustration as LG and US Cellular are of no help unless you want to throw away $10/month for USCC's EasyProfit service. Bitpim has not yet listed the UX5000. Susteen will not promise compatibility for the UX5000, though they say "you could always buy the package and try it" - and return it promptly if it doesn't work. What a racket!

21. tyler101868

tyler101868 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6265i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    I'm a US Cellular agent, and US Cellular often blocks the features you are looking for. Motorola makes a specific program for this for their phones, but US Cellular (along with many other carriers) disable the ability to move pictures using the program and USB cable. There are way's to get around this, as I understand, but the carriers definately don't make it easy.

22. pedaler

pedaler New Member

My Phone:
    LG UX5000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular since 1994
    Well, Tyler, since you know the beast better than we consumers, can you point us to one of those "ways" so that we can use the features on the hardware that we paid for? I know my local USC store has a gizmo that magically transfers data between phones, and I suspect that with the right recipe, just about anything can be done, within reason using the right USB cable and software.

I got Bitpim to successfully browse the file structure, and even delete some unwanted photos. Would love to get a few of my kids' photos loaded to the phone, and maybe my favorite "smoke on the water" ringtone.

Thanks in advance for sharing any wisdom!

23. kickinkz

kickinkz New Member

The UX5000 is a piece of junk. That's why I switched to a RAZR....you can't find anything to work with the UX5000, not even LG has any software worthwhile....the people at USCC couldn't even transfer my phonebook over from my LG....Oh well...

I'm happier now....I have a phone I can manipulate a bit with the software I have. :browani:

Later
    Phil

24. pedaler

pedaler New Member

My Phone:
    LG UX5000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular since 1994
    Well Phil, I'm glad you're happy with the RAZR.
    I am pleased with the UX5000 and it's function as a phone; that's primarily what I wanted it for. The good folks over at Verizon were able to copy all of my contacts from the UX5000 to my second phone, VX8300.

Recent ebay purchase of a USB cable got me some LG s/w as well that synch's fine with the 8300. Have not tried it with the 5000.

Cheers,
    - Pedaler

25. kickinkz

kickinkz New Member

Ya, I'll give it that, it worked good as far as it's main function....as a phone....not much else though....

If you're ever able to get it to work with bitpim or whatever, let me know....

Later
    Phil