Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Leaving AT&T...

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by mmmmna, Aug 7, 2007.

1. mmmmna

mmmmna Junior Member

My Phone:
    Droid X2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I need a new provider, and all the providers in my area use CDMA; I'm leaving AT&T, so I have 2 GSM phones that won't be of any use.

I'd prefer a new Nokia phone (I loved my Nokia 2126 Tracfone), but I see that USC in my area does not offer Nokia phones.

Are nokias offered by USC at all? I see a lot of Moto phones, but I've had 3 RAZRs and they stunk so bad I won't go with Moto again. I do not want any other brand than Nokia.

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    USCC was offering the Nokia 6165i, however I don't see it on their website in my zip code any more.

Here is a thread on USCC phones when I was looking at porting my Verizon no. out to them:
    http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/us-cellular-users/63022-phone-recommendations-please.html

I have heard good things about the Samsung's they offer and in my experience the CDMA Samsung's that Verizon used to offer were all excellent phones.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps some. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tower master

tower master New Member

My Phone:
    6255i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    Unfortunately, The nokia's have reached end of life, and they are no longer in the CDMA market. (At least for now). Check out the samsung TG, I have heard good reviews.

4. tearsonurcheek

tearsonurcheek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    I've not any experience with the Sammy's, but I've got many friends with V323i's, RAZR's, and KRZR's, and none of them complain about reception or quality, other than minor Moto-specific quirks, like the usability of iTap compared to T9, or other minor software issues. I've even heard of fewer issues than the same model with other carriers.

I agree about Nokia, too bad they aren't in the CDMA game for the time being. Personally, I've had good luck with LG's. Remember, you can sign up with a Moto, try it out for up to 30 days, and switch to another brand if it isn't what you want.

5. mmmmna

mmmmna Junior Member

My Phone:
    Droid X2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Thanks, folks!

I am now on Verizon, using LGvx8300s, and overall, not too impressed.

In just a few days, I've already had a dropped call, Verizons CDMA has as many voice transmission issues (for me) as did GSM when I was on AT&T.

The LG phones I got from VZW (VX8300) are a little too ... low grade for me. Example: speaker phone is very poor on both audio and pickup - it can't seem to pickup voice unless we are speaking into the mic, and the output audio is poor. I'm referring to 2 phones, my sons and my own. Much faster than my original V3 phones, though.

tearsonurcheek and Charlyee: I don't think I would ever buy another Moto phone... In 14 months, I have had 3 original RAZR V3s -AND- my GF has had 3 RAZR V3xx, all 6 phones suffered poor engineering. My other son has a V3C on USCC, his V3C just lost high charge rates; he can only get about 20 hours total battery life unless I charge the battery in my V3 (I've proven the fault using my BRAND NEW battery in his phone)... When I charge the batteries, he then can get over 48 hours. This happened after USCC 'updated his software', which update ALSO causes a phone lockup and thus a reboot whenever he opens his address book. Moto firmware isn't .... well, it is not very good.

So, no more "minor Moto-specific" quirks for us, we've tried to remain loyal and got shafted. Nokia offers a 6315i (a re badged Pantech) through Verizon web site and through Wireless Emporium. Problem is, the local Verizon (corporate) store had no idea what I was asking for. Oh well, I've signed with Verizon, took a pair of LG VX8300s, ported the numbers and am in the test drive phase.

Thanks for the help, hope to see you in the Verizon and the LG forums!