Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I'm Back!!

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by sillybilly, Jan 19, 2008.

1. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    After 4+ years away (not really, my parents took over my old USCC # so I have always kept an eye on this forum) from USCC, I'm back!! I got sucked in by the bright lights and flashy phones of the big Boys and decided to leave. Oh, they talked a big game and i had some fun times with VZW and Sprint (i even had a cup of coffee with Cingular/AT&T) in the last 4 years. But when it comes down to wireless coverage in southern WI, NOBODY can top USCC!! And USCC has finally got some high end phones and their service has only gotten better here in southern WI!! Plus, I hear they are even flirting with EVDO!! I will miss my 19% employee discount through work for VZW service. But I'm glad to be back and looking forward to whatever new services USCC has to offer.

I got a Red V3m for now but plan on getting the V9m before my 30 day "test drive" is over. The USCC version of that phone is soooo much better looking than the one VZW offers.

I'm glad to be back, So, lets get the USCC forum rocking!! More threads can only help people!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Glad to see you back.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    Thanks Jay. I figured switching back to USCC was the smart thing to do. I always forced my old VZW LG 8300 into Extended Network while at my apartment. I have used more minutes on USCC network the last 7 months then i did on VZW's anyways! And as an added bonus, USCC doesn't cripple all of their phones like VZW. It's nice to see phones with menus that look different!

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

I forced my Verizon LGs to USCC also. I need to have GSM & fortunately at&t has excellent coverage in SE WI. I had toyed with the idea of porting my Verizon number to USCC also but chose to go with a second line on at&t instead. I agree with you, USCC is the best CDMA provider for Southern WI. I also very much appreciated the courteous & knowledgeable cs group at the stores.

Good luck to you & I hope you will be very happy with USCC :)

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Good luck I wish I had other options here but not really

6. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC

I already am happy!! I had USCC before but left because they didn't have all the "cool" factors that the big boys offered. Now they have some great phones and a few of the features that i like. Also making me happy is the battery life of my phone. I tried a V3m from VZW for the last week and a half. I could make and receive calls and text but the calls were not always the best. And with the low signal strength, the battery on the VZW RAZR would only last about 24 hours with very light usage. The V3m i just got from USCC hasn't dropped a battery bar yet in the last 26 hours and i've been playing around with EasyEdge quite a bit! I liked the LG 8300 but i can't use that phone forever. And Verizon has started to make the ability to force LG's into Extended Network harder. It will only be a matter of time before VZW takes that feature away all together!!

7. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Sounds like USCC may have made more money off you when you were still a Verizon customer with all the roaming you did on their network. :D

8. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    Maybe I should asked to be pro-rated for the 7 months i had to force my phone onto USCC network!! ;)

9. jerry 12

jerry 12 Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular / Verizon
    well come back to uscc. uscc has the best rural coverages of any carrier where they have markets.i live in rural eastern north Carolina and verizon and alltel don't have the coverage that uscc has. uscc does have some nice phones now and things are starting to change.uscc just signed a five year contract with lucent technologies to up grade their system. some people think that evdo might start rolling out in more markets now i hope so. we are only guess what lucent technologies will be doing.

jerry :)