Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

i need LG vx 5500 us cellular ringtones!!

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by lateiloveyou, Nov 1, 2005.

1. lateiloveyou

lateiloveyou New Member

My Phone:
    LG vx5500, motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular
    please help if ya can i need LG vx5500 us cellular ringtones ive been searchin for 2 months now and i can't find them...

if you know how to help me you are a genius!!! so puh-wease help!!!

contact me:
    aim: sweetdestiny259
    addy: lateiloveyou@sbcglobal.net

muah muah muah muah!!!

2. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    Do you have EasyEdge...if you dont then thats the only way that you can get ringtones, that i know of, there could be more

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lateiloveyou

lateiloveyou New Member

My Phone:
    LG vx5500, motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular
    no i dont have easyegde :( us cellular keeps screwin me over.. but thanx!

4. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular

oo, how are htey doing that, it hasnt happened to me before

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. premo_stalker

premo_stalker New Member

omg! i have us cellular and can't find ringtones either i once used easyedge and didn't buy anything but got chanrged for just being on it! my mom got pissed and took it off my phone so now i can't find any ringtones so trust me i feel ur pain. :censored: IF you ever find some genuis that knows were to find some pretty please send me and email and let me know cuz this has been driving me crazy for months as well.
    luv always, makaela

6. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    ok, i found a way...u need a camera phone and picture messaging...if you do then you can just insert a voice memo into it saying what ever you wanted it to..or id there is a ringtone on ur moms phone that you like then you can insert it into the message and then just save it to your phone and then set it...

also if you buy a USB thing to connect it to a computer im preyyt sure that you can put them on there that way...you wil want to check that first though

7. wwang

wwang New Member

yikes, how they doin' that? that haven't happen to me either. :eek:

8. wwang

wwang New Member

I talked to their customer service and they said that if you use their easyedge service, even if u don't download nethng, u can be billed for surfing thru easyedge. I guess you're still 'transferring' kilobyte data from their network to your cell ph, that's how they explain it to me. And then if you actually dl a ringtone or wallpaper to ur ph, it's a seperate application charge... but the ph tells u about the chrg b4 u actually ok to dl it.

i don't blieve there's any other way to get a ringtone on ur ph unless thru easyedge or the voice memo record thing like someone mentioned. Trust me, I've tried!

9. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

you can always purchase a usb data cable unit for that phone..i'm having trouble finding a program that is compatible with my phone, plus i already bought the data cable, but i can't find a program that is compatible with my phone.. :mad:

10. rcijr

rcijr New Member

Do a google search for bitpim...this is the software you want for ringtones, phonebook management and taking pics off your phone. It's free too. It will tell you on their website if your phone will work with their software.

11. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

yea, i'm familiar with bitpim. bitpim is not compatible with my phone though. i have a LG UX5000. :(

12. blahblahblah

blahblahblah New Member

You could purchase the Motorola Mobile Phone Tools v 4.0 software and when used with a usb cable, you can download games, ringtones video and pic clips from your phone to camera and much more. You can by it for around 30.00 from Motorola. Dont let US Cellular tell you any different. I use it all the time with 100% effectivness

13. melonator

melonator New Member

I have never actually done this with the lg ux5000 but i have done the equivalent with my motorola v555, using motorola phone tools. i'm not sure if the UX5000 even supports realtones

Step A: Download a song you want, onto your computer.

Step B: Download the free program dBpowerAMP from www.download.com (i've heard of Xingtone/audacity,and tons of others being used, but i've only used dBpowerAMP, with great results)

Step C: follow these steps below to convert the file

Windows Conversion Steps:
    1. We'll assume you're converting a file named "test.mp3" for this guide. Insert your own file name instead. Run dBpowerAmp and select the "test.mp3" file and click "Open".
    2. Change the drop downs to be "Wave", "16 Bit (CD)", "22050 Hz", and "1 'Mono'" (no reason for stereo).
    3. Click "Convert >>" and once it's completed click "Finished" and you'll have a file named "test.wav" in the same directory as the MP3 source file (or in the C:\Converted Music\ directory).
    4. Open the Windows Sound Recorder (included with Windows) and open the "test.wav" file created in step 3 (if you can't find Sound Recorder, Start->Run->"sndrec32"->OK).
    5. Ringtones shouldn't be longer than 30 seconds and cell phones have limited memory. Therefore, shorten it to 30 seconds or less. You can also crop it so it starts at the beginning of the choirs. To crop the audio clip, use the "Edit" menu to "Delete Before Current Position" or "Delete After Current Position". (help)
    6. Click the "File" menu and select "Save" which will overwrite the "test.wav" file.
    7. Run dBpowerAmp and select the "test.wav" file and click "Open".
    8. Change the converting file to "Mp3 (Lame)", Channels "Mono", Frequency "22050 Hz" slide the quality to "32Kbps", check "Volume Normalize" and uncheck "Preserve ID Tags". DON'T go into Advanced Options or your ringtone WILL NOT WORK!
    9. Click "Convert >>" and once it's completed click "Finished" and it will replace the "test.mp3" file.

The "test.mp3" file is ready to be relayed to your phone and used as a ringtone!

step D: now there 2 main ways of getting the ringtone to your phone, i suggest the data cable method because you will be able to transfer files to/from your phone more economically, and with better quality most likely, plus i haven't done the other method with a U.S. Cellular phone.

Data Cable Method:
    go to: http://www.buywirelessnow.com/lg/buy/accessories/cat/132
    -if you want to, you can buy from the site LG PC Sync Software, and corresponding data cable. (but its going to be cheaper on E-bay).

"Data Transfer Software Suite will help you conveniently transfer data from your handset to your PC. PC Sync Software provides Phone Book Manager, Internet Data Connect, Ringtone Composer, Image Editor and Calendar. Requires data cable (sold separately)."
    (be sure to also get the data cable that matches your phone).

-install the software, and follow the instructions to send the ringtone/picture to your cell phone.

No data cable method:
    -Get the unlimited Easyedge Package for a month for $9.99 (you wont need it for more than a month).
    -download the application nweb (which is a web browser)
    -upload the ringtone you have made onto http://www.mobstorage.com
    -go to wap.mobstorage on nweb, enter in the code. and download the file from there.

Step E: enjoy your realtone