Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Eloqui wireless to us cellular

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by steveangela1, Dec 19, 2006.

1. steveangela1

steveangela1 New Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    I have recently been one of the new US Cellular customers, forced to their service. We bought phones in July when they knew at Eloqui they were going to US Cellular and they still sold us the razr's and didn't warn us we weren't going to have a "working phone" come January....
    How can they legally do that?
    Us Cellular wants us to sign a new contract and get new phones after we paid what we did for the razr's.

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Are they willing to give you free phones, with the change over and a compariable rate plan? Also will you keep your same numbers?
    If not, they should give you the chance to leave without paying an ETF.

I know when Alltel got an area in CT from Cingular, the people were given a choice, and I believe the same thing happened in VA when Cingular took over Suncom.

3. You have until February to cancel the contracts, if you want. US Cellular doesn't make your phones not able to work. What they did was change your old Eloqui plan to a new U.S. Cellular plan that is (somewhat) comparable to your old one. Your service will remain uninterrupted through January and you will still be able to use them.

I'm a former Eloqui customer as well (although I cancelled back over the summer), and signed up with U.S. Cellular later in Knoxville before they took Eloqui. If you have any questions, you should call U.S. Cellular's customer service.

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I thought that it would be odd for USC not to offer an exit for the Eloqui subscribers:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. yeah, it would probably be illegal for them not to, because it was changing their contract majorly.

eloqui offered insanely cheap plans, which imo is why they got bought out before they banrupted themselfes. When I had eloqui back in the day, my plan was 1000 anytime minutes, free N+W starting at 8, a free share line, free incoming calls, and unlimited text, pic and internet on both lines, and I usually had a bill of $70 or less a month. When USCC came, people with this plan were changed to something 'comparable' alright, but it cost about $150.

I left Eloqui and went to Verizon, then after them, I switch to US Cellular in Knoxville, before US Cellular OFFICIALLY came to my area.