Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Black Berry or Motorola Q?

Discussion in 'US Cellular Forum' started by radiotech1713, Jan 10, 2008.

1. radiotech1713

radiotech1713 New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular(Both Phones)
    I am trying to decide which phone to get next?

My current phone is a Kyocera KX440. I want a phone with the the internet, planner and music?

This will be my first SmartPhone, so what is your experiences and suggestions.

Thanks.

2. matt3000

matt3000 New Member

Well hopefully I can help you with this!

Internet and Email:
    If you are in an EVDO market, either phone will work for the net with great speeds. However if you aren't in an EVDO market, I would probably go with the Blackberry. The interent is quicker and the email messages come through easier. The Q uses a "pull" technology, which means that the phone will have to check your email account for the emails. You can set this to go every 15 30 45 60 minutes. This also means that the phone will constantly "ping" the network everytime it needs to look for email. This uses battery. The Blackberry uses a "push" meaning when you get an email it is pushed to the phone and the phone doesn't have to check the Network. And setting up the email on the Blackberry is incredibly easy!! The Q is kinda easy but in some cases you might need to know things like your "outgoing server address" for the email. The Q can connect to the internet and automatically find the settings for your IPS for you! Sometimes it doesn't find the settings. The you might have to call someone

Phone:
    The Blackberry seems to work better than the Q. Granted the Blackerry service is more money than the Q but I feel well worth it. The Blackberry battery lasts all day where as with the Q comes with 2 batteries because Motorola knows this will not last all day! Plus with the Windows Mobile in the Q, whenever you use an application, it doesn't quit when you close it. The application stays running. This can slow the phone down. So you have to go into the menu and "Kill" applications that are still running that you don't need. Blackberry doesn't seem to have this issue!

Music:
    The Q comes with a memory card and run Windows media player. SO getting music from the computer to the phone is very easy. The Blackberry (depending on the model) is a little tougher to get music on unless it has the memory card slot! Both would work great for that!

Now don't get me wrong, the Q is a great phone when it comes to finding 3rd party applications because in runs Windows Mobile. The Windows Mobile platform is AWESOME. YOu can so much stuff out there for the phone it is crazy! The Blackberry has some great 3rd party applications but not as many as Windows Mobile.

To sum it all up, I would probably go with the Blackberry. Last's all day, runs better doesn't slow down.

Hope this helps. (Work is slow so I am sorry if I rambled!)

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

3. radiotech1713

radiotech1713 New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular(Both Phones)
    Thanks for the information.

I don't know about the EVDO. But I do know that when I am in the Omaha and Lincoln Metro areas, I will be on the PCS system. When I am in the rest of Nebraska I will be using the 800 based system.

4. tearsonurcheek

tearsonurcheek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    EV-DO is currently only available in the Milwaukee market.