This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices that WirelessAdvisor.com will adhere to when gathering, handling, correcting, or disposing of information about visitors to its web site. WirelessAdvisor.com is committed to the following privacy principles: Except as disclosed in this privacy statement, any information provided to WirelessAdvisor.com at a visitor's option will not be willfully disclosed to third parties without the visitor's permission.
Information Collected by WirelessAdvisor.com
- ZIP codes: When you enter a ZIP code to search the WirelessAdvisor.com database, the ZIP code is recorded for demographic purposes and may be passed on to advertisers or companies to which we provide links. These ZIP codes can never be and will never be tracked back to individual users.
- Visitors can optionally provide an email address to request that they be notified of updates to the WirelessAdvisor.com web site in general and specifically to the WirelessAdvisor.com database for a particular ZIP code.
- Visitors can optionally elect to provide an email address to be placed on a mailing list to receive promotional messages from WirelessAdvisor.com advertisers.
- In the WirelessAdvisor.com discussion forums users are required to supply a valid and working email address. As an option they may supply none, any or all of the following information: name, city, zip code, ICQ#, AIM screen name, ebay ID.
- Visitors can optionally provide more detailed personal information, as much or as little as desired, in order to provide feedback on their experience using the WirelessAdvisor.com web site.
- To use the Tell-a-Friend feature users must enter their own email addresses and a list of email addresses of people they would like to inform of the WirelessAdvisor.com web site.
- WirelessAdvisor.com records traffic and usage patterns for the web site.
- Like most standard web site servers we use log files. This includes IP (internet protocol) addresses, browser type, ISP (internet service provider), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and #of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- WirelessAdvisor.com may occasionally conduct surveys and/or interactive polls for informational and/or entertainment purposes. Participation in survey will never require personal information to participate and is never recorded with personal information about visitors. We may share the aggregated information in these surveys with our advertisers and partners. The polling mechanism may use information about a visitor's server to exclude visitors from voting more than once in a particular poll or survey.
- In order to post ads in the WirelessAdvisor.com classified ads section, users are required to supply an email address. Email addresses submitted for this purpose are not publicly displayed in the ad but used to relay messages to users responding to posted ads.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here for a list of links to the privacy policies of those third-party companies.
- On our website, we display advertisements for other companies, agencies and advertising networks. These advertisements may place cookies and/or web beacons with your machine, and use different privacy and security policies than WirelessAdvisor.com (WIRELESS ADVISOR, L.L.C.). A list of these companies can be found and further evaluated by following this link.
Use of the Information Collected by WirelessAdvisor.com
- We use information about traffic and usage patterns for the web site to determine which areas are popular and which areas need improvement.
- If and only if, a visitor has requested the service, we will use their email address to send them email to notify them of updates and improvements to the WirelessAdvisor.com web site and databases.
- If and only if, a visitor has requested the service, we will place their email address on a list to receive promotional messages from WirelessAdvisor.com advertisers. Email addresses on this optional list will never be given or sold to any third parties, instead WirelessAdvisor.com will relay messages from these advertisers without revealing or releasing the email addresses.
- Posts made in any WirelessAdvisor.com discussion forums are publicly displayed. If you use the forums on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Email addresses submitted in the discussion forums so that users can be notified of newly posted messages are not used for any other purposes in the web site and will never be passed on to any third parties.
- If you use WirelessAdvisor.com's 'Tell-a-Friend' feature, we use the email addresses you submit to send email referrals of the site to those email addresses. These email addresses are not maintained after the referrals are sent.
- Email addresses submitted for the purpose of posting classified ads are not publicly displayed or retained beyond the expiration date of the ad. Your email address is only revealed to people responding to your ad if you respond by email to their initial response.
- Cookies and/or session variables are used to record a user's ZIP code so that they do not have to re-enter it as they move about the web site.
- Other companies that advertise, or are linked to from WirelessAdvisor.com may collect information about visitors when they click on these companies' advertisements or links. WirelessAdvisor.com can not control information collected in this manner. However, remember that if you do not provide personal information directly to third party web sites you can not be personally identified. WirelessAdvisor.com will not pass any personal information to third parties.
- Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with an appropriate law enforcement investigation, current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site, or as required by law.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We use both session ID cookies (or variables) and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file instructions.
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Clear GIFs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
Our our third party advertising partner sometimes employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information.
To learn more about the use of clear gifs by companies that advertise on our site, please see this list of companies.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see "Opt-Out and Correcting & Updating" below.
Opt-Out and Correcting & Updating
WirelessAdvisor.com provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further communications from us or correcting the information they have provided.
To have your information removed from our database, please follow the instructions included in the email received from WirelessAdvisor.com or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To change, modify, correct or review information previously provided, please send an email to: email@example.com with the details of your request.
Email addresses or other profile information submitted for use in the discussion forums can changed by logging into the forums and updating the user profile. At the user's request to the forum administrator, originating only from the email address in question, WirelessAdvisor.com will delete any post containing your email address, any profile information, or a user's membership in the forums entirely.
Notification of Changes
Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority at WirelessAdvisor.com. WirelessAdvisor.com uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, such as physically secure server locations, passwords and server monitoring.We have taken careful measures to secure your information and our physical premises, however, complete security can not be guaranteed.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or dealings with this Web site, you can contact: